Am I the only one out there who has a hard time getting motivated to get back in the gym after the holidays?My guess would be no. Sometimes it just seems so much more enjoyable to stay home with a mug of hot cocoa instead of trudging out into the cold! Instead of putting it off until springtime, this year I resolved to eat healthier and be more faithful to my fitness routine. Luckily for me, I'm surrounded by beautiful bikinis on the daily, which definitely helps me get my booty in gear. I've picked out my top 5 must-have bikinis for the upcoming beach season and just looking at these sexy suits is all the motivation I need to ditch the slippers and slip on the
1. Cozumel by L*SPACE If you're going to go bold, you might as well do it with a bold print! The Cozumel bikini by L*SPACE Swimwear demands attention with its eye-catching multicolored print, and even if you decide to reverse it to the solid black side (yes, ladies, the suit is reversible!), you are absolutely going to turn heads in the new itsy bitsy cheeky-cut bottom. Note to self--add a few extra sets of squats to the daily workout routine.
2. Charming Pirate by MAAJI Swimwear I'm not sure how such a girly suit can look so tough at the same time, but the fabulous folks over at MAAJI Swimwear have managed to do just that with their aptly named "Charming Pirate" suit. Guaranteed to make you want to carve out those abdominals like never before is this tummy-grazing flutter top, which can be removed to reveal an adorable floral print bandeau. Both pieces look fantastic with the fun flamingo print bottom, and I definitely plan on wearing the flutter crop top off the beach as well.
3. Savasana by L*SPACE Sometimes I need a change-up from the same old spin class or weight routine and there's no better way to prep your body for the water than in the water. If you're a fan of active water sports, whether it be stand up paddleboarding, surfing or simply swimming some laps, L*SPACE's Savasana swimsuit is perfect for you. With modest and supportive sporty-chic cuts, you'll be able to keep all the essentials covered while staying comfortable as you get your exercise on.
4. Eco Black by Vitamin A I'm a firm believer that you can never have too many little black bikinis. They're classic, chic and can be easily mixed and matched with other separates that you own or plan to own. The Eco Black bikini by Vitamin A is my next LBB purchase and as an added bonus, it's also eco-friendly! The sexy wrap top can be worn a couple of different ways and the new ruched Samba bottom will certainly show off your hard-earned "assets," no pun intended.
5. Kahala by MIKOH Swimwear Once all of those fitness goals have been accomplished, it's time for some rest and relaxation by the pool, as well as frosty and refreshing cocktail. Nothing's better for lounging poolside than this to-die-for Kahala suit by MIKOH Swimwear. The beautiful creamy hue will look great against tanned, toned skin, and the intricate criss-cross halter top is absolutely stunning. There's something about subtle details that can make a swimsuit look so glamorous and sophisticated, and MIKOH definitely nailed it.
These 5 bikinis are my motivation and inspiration this season, but I encourage you to assemble your own must-have list! Cheers to a happy and healthy 2014!