Although the winter months can seem dreary (especially in a winter as brutal as this one has been) there is one little glimmer of hope to look forward to, tucked in amidst all the snow, cold, and slush. It's hard to feel gloomy when surrounded by the hearts, glitter, and lace that can be found in any Valentine aisle across the country, particularly when you have a sweetheart to share warm and fuzzy feelings with. So if you're looking for a way to heat-things up a bit, wink wink, consider doing something extra special for Valentine's Day this year and spending some time at one of these 5 romantic getaways.
1. Hawaii I personally think it would be impossible not to feel romantic here. The attitude is so relaxed and mellow that your stress level naturally lowers, creating extra space for the lovey-dovey feelings that a Hawaiian sunset can inspire. Whether you want to spend a few days doing touristy-things, relaxing on the beach in a new bikini, or never leaving your hotel room, it's easy to find any of those or a combination of all three in the "islands of Aloha".
2. Lake Tahoe, NV If you go around Valentine's Day, you should still be able to enjoy crisp wintry weather and not have to travel far to find powdery slopes to hit. Obviously, cuddling up by a blazing fire at a ski resort is about as cozy as it gets. If you'd rather wait a few months, the summer will bring warm, sunny days perfect for hiking, boating on the lake's pristine waters, or grabbing a bite to eat al fresco.
3. New York City Whether you want to see a Broadway play, splurge on high-end shopping, or make your own replica of the infamous "kiss in front of Times Square" photo, you can find plenty to do in the Big Apple. If you and your sweetie have a craving for something exotic at 2 am, NYC will still be awake to cater to your desires, as it is aptly named "the City that Never Sleeps." With an unlimited amount of cultural, artistic, and entertaining attractions, you definitely won't get bored.
4. Riviera Maya, Mexico While it might be cold and icy at home, the sunny beaches of Mexico will welcome you with plenty of sand, sunshine, and swaying palm trees. All-inclusive resorts are numerous, allowing you to get a bigger bang for your buck, plus they certainly cater to their guests. Book an ocean-side massage or a private dinner to up the romance factor. If you happen to be honeymooners, make sure to let your resort know as they often offer special packages or amenities to newlyweds.
5. Las Vegas, NV This is a great place to have round-the-clock fun for relatively little money, unless of course, you blow it all at the craps table. World-class entertainment is easy to find and you can spend impressively little up to thousands a night on accommodations depending on your budget and preferences. Just in case you might not be feeling so enamored this year on V-Day, for whatever reason, this is also a fantastic place to visit with a few girlfriends, as there are always plenty of singles and bachelor parties in "Sin City." So whether you want to toast your lover or drown your sorrows, Las Vegas is an ideal destination for any situation.
*Discount cannot be applied to previous purchases. All non-sale Vitamin A and MAAJI items are excluded.