OUR WARM AND FUZZY
SUPER BOWL DIARIES
My understanding of football is best described as limited, so without a Beyoncé halftime show, my Super Bowl experience is typically only as good as the wings that accompany it. But this year, the NFL managed to attract a whole boatload of tenderness around the big brawl, from a tear-jerker of a dad-and-son text exchange, to a crazy-inspiring story about overcoming disability, to the cutest cross-species romance advertising has ever seen. So, yeah, I’ll be back on the couch again next year, telling everybody to pipe down during the commercial breaks and impatiently waiting ‘til we get to switch back to the Puppy Bowl.—claire
- Dying over Richard Lawson’s depiction of the Anne Hathaway-Rachel Zoe/actress-stylist breakup for VanityFair.com—it really is so funny.
- Listening to the brand-stinking-new album from my friend Zach’s Nashville-based band The Farewell Drifters. “Bring ‘Em Back Around” is where it’s at.
- Making this body scrub with coffee grounds and about three minutes of time.
- Wishing my tennis habit was, well, enough of a habit to validate the purchase of this Outdoor Voices dress.
- Popping this probiotic—when I can remember. If it’s good enough for Niki Taylor…
- Double-tapping all over my latest instagram obsession, @donalddrawbertson—a witty and talented artist who also happens to be one of the founders of MAC Cosmetics.
- Finding We Steal Secrets, a documentary about the Wikileaks drama, to be more entertaining and suspenseful than most Hollywood thrillers.
- Sipping on seltzer with bitters at the bar when I’m not in the mood for something alcoholic—delicious combo that also turns out to be a remedy for upset stomachs and hangovers.
- Thinking this excellent, crowd-sourced NYMag weekend guide to NYC is as good as any travel book you’re likely to find on Amazon.
- Returning to an old-favorite recipe from my college days, when Cooking for Mr. Latte was practically the only cookbook I owned: this foolproof and fulfilling roasted chicken with curry and chutney.