OUR FAMILY CIRCUS DIARIES
This past week was one of those ones where we stayed at the office well past our bedtimes and even marched in on the weekend, all in the name of bringing our new baby, Collections, into the world. And while we wouldn’t want to do it every week, there’s something kind of magical about being in the trenches with your whole team—cracking jokes, sharing snacks, and uniting over shared exhaustion. So we’re feeling a pretty overwhelming sense of gratitude right now for the three amazing women who have come aboard the U.S.S. Of a Kind with us: Keely, Michelle, and Katherin (who showed up in the office on Sunday despite it being her BIRTHDAY). They’re hilarious, smart, powerful individuals...and their smiles are just the absolute best, aren’t they? —claire
- Watching this video—of beauty vlogger Promise Phan transforming herself into an Angelina lookalike—twice.
- Getting to the bottom of the word dude, thanks to The Atlantic.
- Marveling at just how quickly this mushroom pasta—courtesy of self-proclaimed domestic goddess Nigella Lawson—comes together.
- Wanting to cloak all my holiday presents in this freaking amazing wrapping paper from Wrap.
- Getting a little watery-eyed over this little movie about Archi’s Acres—a SoCal greenhouse biz that’s all about training military veterans.
- Sprinkling Snake Oil Hot Sauce all over everything—it’s produced in Baltimore by the geniuses behind Woodberry Kitchen, who revived a nearly-extinct breed of pepper to make it.
- Plotting a honeymoon in Tokyo and finding Lizzie Fortunato’s blog posts about her recent trip to be one of the best resources out there.
- Finally listening to all those podcasts I’ve bookmarked over the years, thanks to the handy Stitcher app, which serves them up on-demand.
- Getting my gluten on with loaves from Hot Bread Kitchen—the New Yorker Rye is perfect, and they’ve got a damn fine mission to boot.
- Completing the final steps of becoming a total Danny Meyer fangirl by reading his fantastic book on hospitality—a must-read for anybody in (any type of!) business.