OUR DO-IT-YOURSELF DIARIES
If you’ve ever taken a deep dive into the stories of our designers and thought to yourself, “Damn. How do they do it?”—well, we’ve arranged a little something to help you find an answer. Later this month, we’re hosting a series of designer workshops at the ridiculously chic Sunday Suppers space in Williamsburg. Snag yourself one of the few remaining tickets, and we’ll feed you snacks while you learn how to create something with your very own hands. Pretty romantic, huh? —claire
- Looking forward to PBS’s documentary of Billie Jean King—who I’ve been a little obsessed with ever since reading Gail Collins’s excellent When Everything Changed.
- Determining that the Austrian grapefruit beer Stiegl Radler is the best end-of-summer drink around—yes, it sounds strange, but it’s crazy-refreshing.
- Checking out the so-worth-a-visit pop-up in the lobby of the Wythe Hotel in Williamsburg, put together by the designer Caron Callahan and our natural-beauty crush Jessa Blades.
- Struggling to understand how Slaughterhouse 90201—the literature-plus-TV blog—has been so good for so long.
- Appreciating Miley a whole lot more thanks to Postmodern Jukebox’s doo-wop cover of “We Can’t Stop.”
- Consuming most of Fashion Week from my couch, thanks to Style.com’s SO GOOD iPad app—really makes you question the hassle of actually attending.
- Getting psyched to see the upcoming film Enough Said due entirely to its powerful trifecta of stars: the late James Gandolfini, Julia Louis-Dreyfus, and the Style Rookie herself, Tavi Gevinson(!).
- Loving these personality-filled paintings and photographs of Coco Chanel, now on display at the London College of Art.
- Making the most of the final days of grilling season by throwing some fruit on the flames—this Food52 tutorial has all the tips and tricks.
- Feeling mesmerized by the beautiful and innovative layout of this Pitchfork feature on R&B star Janelle Monae. Oh, and: The story itself is super-compelling, too!