OUR SHIPPING DIARIES
Back when we first started this business (and for many, many months thereafter), we stored and shipped all of our inventory from our apartments—the very same places where we ate and slept and showered. So you can imagine what a dramatic life change it was when we found the warehouse and shipping center of our dreams in Denton, Maryland. Last week, we all piled in a minivan and drove south for a visit with the superstar team who lovingly puts up with all of our neurotic requests for hand-written thank you notes and perfectly tied bows. Look at all those neat little boxes ready to go! —claire
- Eating and eating and eating the best ginger cookies I’ve ever had, made by Claire’s mom from this Emily Luchetti recipe (ice cream optional).
- Prepping for sweater season with one of those super-handy electric depiller things.
- Wanting to catch up on every last one of the Fine Brothers “Teens React” videos. Basically, you watch something viral-y alongside a panel of REAL LIVE TEENAGERS and hear what they think, with some Pop Up Video-style intel thrown in, too.
- Celebrating the
BF’shusband’s b-day at the totally awesome, super-classic Melody Lanes bowling alley in Brooklyn.
- Failing this really hard quiz from Bon Appétit: apple breed or Essie nail polish shade?
- Whiling away hours digging through One Kings Lane’s fairly epic vintage collection, which includes some gorgeous coffee table books and rad needlepoint pillows.
- Wishing I’d ever had the guts (or the dance moves) to quit a job with as much as style as this girl.
- Marveling at the power of documentary filmmaking to
manipulatetransform my feelings about Katy Perry from mild distaste to adoration.
- Deciding to let Chris March’s amazing wig collection for Target dictate this year’s Halloween costume—I’m eyeing the Medusa look.
- Keeping a supply of surprisingly delicious Health Warrior Chia Bars in my purse as my emergency hunger kit.