OUR OCTOBERBEST DIARIES
We’re still not sure what the deal is with Columbus Day—who gets to take a long weekend, who doesn’t, who is delivering mail, and who isn’t. But we do know it seems like a damn good excuse to stock up on goodies for fall—and hence we’re offering you $50 off when you spend $150 or more with the code OCTOBERBEST. Get cracking—it’s all over tonight. —claire
- Dreaming about a bungalow in Venice Beach—and this, this, and this are not helping anything.
- Switching my Greek yogurt loyalty to the totally inspiring, small-town-saving Chobani after reading this awesome New York mag article.
- Tracking the fashion evolution of my second-favorite stylish minor, Elle Fanning. (No one holds a candle to Suri Cruise.)
- Diving into the fascinating—and, ok, weirdly compelling—world of oil-pulling, thanks to Pressed Juicery’s shockingly good blog The Chalkboard.
- Scooping up a so-teeny, too-cute-for-words straw flamingo from Beatrice Valenzuela’s brand-new shop in L.A.’s Echo Park.
- Making my annual trip to Northampton, Massachusetts, to enjoy gorgeous fall foliage and general coziness. If you go: Grab a green juice at Haymarket, eat wings at The Hangar, and take an easy bike ride (or walk!) on the Norwottuck Rail Trail.
- Eating every last concord grape I can get my hands on while they’re still in-season—and now thinking I ought to be drinking them too.
- Loving this piece on how to say “no” effectively—turns out the difference between saying “I can’t” and “I don’t” is everything.
- Stuffing my face at L.A.’s Night + Market—a laid-back, super-cool Thai street food spot from hot-young-thang chef Kris Yenbamroong.
- Making double-batches of Smitten Kitchen’s amazing miso-sesame dressing—it’s perfect over roasted vegetables, fish, or even just some soba noodles.