OUR Clueless DIARIES
Sometimes we have sort of uneventful weeks and scrounging up enough material for “10 Things” can be a challenge, to say nothing of coming up with a topic for this little intro section. Not last week, though. Last week Erica and I flew from LAX to JFK on the very same airplane as Travis Birkenstock (née Breckin Meyer). You guys: He was wearing flannel. Two very enthusiastic thumbs up. —claire
- Loving the crap out of T’s “Take Two” column, which asks two people who would probably never otherwise be in close proximity (um, Azealia Banks and Katie Couric?) to review five things.
- Remembering how freaking delicious this roasted carrot and avocado situation is.
- Feeling more drawn to the Financial Times than ever before, thanks to the lace-like pieces that artist Myriam Dion makes from the newspaper.
- Spooning up the best oatmeal of my life at Lincoln Station, my new neighborhood breakfast go-to in Prospect Heights.
- Adding some serious animal action to my Instagram, ℅ @bunnymama—which tracks bunny besties Eddy and Rambo—and @usinterior, the account from the U.S. Department of the Interior that proves America really is beautiful.
- Discovering that when all else fails (slash you waited until the last minute to go to the dry cleaner, which turns out to be closed) a cotton sock is the trick to getting out deodorant stains.
- And, speaking of socks: Loving the punnily-named Feetures for running—they hug your feet in all the right places and don’t fall down or chafe.
- Having my mind blown by this breakdown of the psychology behind Nacho Doritos.
- Falling into a New Orleans Bounce rabbit hole—start with this (NSFW) mini-doc and try not to do the same. (Hat tip to my future husband who has been trying to get me to a Big Freedia concert since the night we met.)
- Putting The Best American Infographics 2013 on my coffee-table book wish list—if only so I can reference this hilarious (and handy!) guide to email checking.