OUR COOKBOOK VOL. 3 DIARIES
For three years, we’ve been asking designers to share their stories with us. And, for three years, they have all wanted to talk about FOOD and the things they like to make to fill their bellies (because who doesn’t?). It’s felt silly to keep all of these recipes to ourselves (and even sillier to post them on the site, lest we become a very different type of company). So instead we’ve been collecting them into a series of cookbooks. Today we present Vol. 3 in that series, and you can download it or purchase the (pretty darn adorable) hard copy here. —claire
- Itching to plan an apple-picking adventure. Remodelista has some awesome-looking orchard picks around the country.
- Trying out the super-cool Coast—which bills itself as “the browser that should have come with the iPad”—that I discovered via Sight Unseen.
- Keeping some homemade arugula pesto in the fridge. Next time I’m gonna try the freezing-in-an-ice-cube-tray trick.
- Taking a nice long ride down Clueless memory lane, thanks to this if-Cher-was-on-Instagram Buzzfeed story and this HuffPo post on the site of the Valley house party (which happens to be for sale).
- Falling hard for the HIGHLY entertaining science writing of Mary Roach. I just finished Gulp—subject matter: the gastrointestinal tract—and am already diving into Stiff about, um, cadavers.
- Telling Sade to watch her back because Willow Smith is coming for her with her latest single. (Yep, British accent and all.)
- Crying-laughing at the story of the fake Burlington Coat Factory twitter, via The Cut.
- Having my mind blown by this peek inside Lisa Frank’s personality and HQ.
- Hoping anyone with a startup (or dreams of a startup) reads this well-written and thoughtful post-mortem on Sonar, a now-defunct former darling of the tech scene.
- Updating you on the latest in my ongoing popcorn addiction: I’m now making my own microwave version, thanks to Mark Bittman’s tutorial.