OUR CYBER MONDAY DIARIES
Why are you even reading this part? Get your eyes off this and go read the stuff up above about how we’re basically just giving away gift certificates like it’s our job. Because today, on this very special Cyber Monday, it is our job. —claire
- Searching for the perf matte brick red lip, inspired by Dana Scully and Alicia Florrick. Maybe RMS lip2cheek in Rapture? MAC’s lip pencil in Brick?
- Adding all of Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie’s books to my to-read roster after finishing her super-compelling Americanah.
- Learning that Greek yogurt makes a really stellar pasta sauce (when combined with parmesan and caramelized onions, at least).
- Taking a break with Mei Lun and Mei Huan, the four-month-old twin pandas at the Atlanta Zoo that are viewable via, duh, their PandaCam.
- Unearthing some very pretty internet destinations, thanks to Site Inspire.
- Running long distances without having to stop to re-tie my shoes thanks to Hickies—a genius little rubber contraption that takes the place of laces.
- Loving the literary scandal retold in great detail in this article, suggesting Dorothy Parker may have done a little copy-catting of Nabokov’s Lolita. Don’t miss the comments section.
- Wondering if shuffleboard is the new bowling—and guessing we’ll all know the answer very soon since Royal Palm Shuffle is finally opening its doors in Brooklyn.
- Keeping warm with a big mug of The Queen’s Guard tea by Bellocq—I’m not normally a fan of rose-flavored things, but it works so well in this blend.
- Following (and loving) NASA’s instagram feed—it’s chock-full of stunning images, and they even managed to work multiple Black Friday jokes into their ‘gramming. #astronauthumor