OUR POST-HASTE DIARIES
See above for some thoughts on how best to kick off your New Year's resolution to start spending responsibly. Because 35% off seems super, super responsible to us. And if that definition seems like a stretch to you, well: You've still got two days left to live it up.—claire
- Digging in at my very favorite Vietnamese restaurant ever, Thanh Linh, in Peoria, Illinois. Yah, that’s right.
- Freeing my face of travel grime with the really excellent Transport exfoliating pads from Somme Institute.
- Dog-earring the crap out of the January issue of Bon Appétit—an especially good issue of a reliably fantastic magazine.
- Scoping out some minimalist monogrammed stationery by Seaborn Press after discovering this goodness from my grade-school days at my parents’ house.
- Catching up on Rookie’s killer “Saturday Links” series—chock-full of randomness (not unlike this email).
- Stocking up on Juve Y Camps cava for NYE—I (gasp!) don’t normally like bubbly, but I could guzzle this one.
- Wishing I had about a million more hours to spend sifting through the consignment goodness at My Sister’s Closet in Minneapolis. (Both Clare Vivier and Jennie Englehardt of Hare+Hart named it among their faves.)
- Enjoying my favorite NYC holiday tradition with my guy: a visit to Upstate for a massive pile of oysters and clams, finished off by a dessert of whiskey cake washed down with milk stout.
- Wondering when I can fit in a trip to D.C. to hit up the amazing-looking Alex Prager exhibit at the Corcoran.
- Marvelling at how the Minimergency Kit fits so many necessities into one teeny little pouch—right down to earring backs, clear nail polish, and deodorant.