OUR SAMESIES DIARIES
This installment of ‘10 things’ features more than a couple of repeated themes: narrative histories, nostalgia, cartoons, and secrets for looking more pulled-together than you really are. That’s what happens when you ask two people who sit across from each other five days a week what they’re thinking about. Not that you asked us per se, but that’s what you got anyway. ENJOY! —claire
- Drinking up Bon Appétit's absolutely awesome if-these-walls-could-talk account of the history of the San Francisco bar Tosca.
- Freaking out over the fact that Buzzfeed unearthed a Delia*s catalog from 1996—the height of my obsession. I died for the model in #21, and Claire and I discovered that we both owned the platform sandals in #30.
- Crowning Prune the best brunch in NYC. Get the fried oyster omelet. Or the spiced chickpeas. And definitely the Chicago Matchbox bloody mary.
- Achieving some big hair, c/o GLAMSQUAD: They do at-home blowouts in Manhattan and parts of Brooklyn. Yes, brilliant.
- Laughing harder than I should at these literal New Yorker cartoon captions.
- Finding the audition stories of Saturday Night Live cast members totally intriguing and perfectly humanizing.
- Whiling away hours and hours on Retronaut—like Pinterest for the past. Check out these gorgeous pics of Miss America 1924.
- Finally getting my hands on Marisha Pessl’s sophomore novel, Night Film, and finding it’s just as addictive as I’d hoped.
- Wondering how I ever looked presentable before this mini hand-steamer came into my life. I use it nearly daily.
- Thinking it’s kind of insane how perfectly lyrics from The Smiths fit right into Peanuts comic strips.