OUR OFFICE PLAYLIST DIARIES
I’m not really sure what we listened to in this office before Songza came into our lives. Oh, wait, that’s right: We listened to the same 300 songs that were on our iPod over and over. And over. Until they all sounded awful. Songza is basically your musical therapist: It asks you how you’re feeling, you tell it what kind of a mood you’re in, and it serves up perfectly packaged and straightforwardly titled playlists like Jazz for Working, Songs From Apple Commercials, and ’90s Bachelor Pad. You’re welcome. —claire
- Finding it impossible to believe that Love Actually was released a full 10 years ago—The Hairpin is paying tribute with some serious fan fiction and GIF action.
- Making this delicata squash recipe from The Yellow House two times in three days. Yes, it’s that good.
- Wanting to frame this completely insane (and mood-improving) photo of the world’s fluffiest bunny.
- Staying up way past my bedtime to Hulu The Good Wife, which Phil Maciak of The Los Angeles Review of Books argues is the best, fastest show on TV—and also Scandal’s spiritual sister. Sold.
- Looking to plan a trip to Austin or Nashville or BOTH so that I have an excuse to pick up one of these awesome-sounding Wildsam Field Guides.
- Wanting to decorate my life (and my belly) with these stunning cookies by Sogi’s Honey Bakeshop.
- Wondering just how much cooler I’d be if I had an electric bike like this sweet Pedego Interceptor.
- Wishing I could live inside Shed in Healdsburg, California—it’s a bright, sunny, beautifully designed cafe-slash-grocery-slash-shop-slash-event space. What more could I want?
- Watching while 13-year-old superstar Ruby Karp schools the world on social media: how Instagram is in and Facebook is out, why Kik has serious potential, and what’s so great about Snapchat.
- Dying to see The Armstrong Lie, a documentary that starts filming in the pre-scandal days, then gets derailed by all the hubbub, and picks back up with his confession.