OUR ICE COLD DIARIES
New York is a balmy 37 degrees today, and I celebrated by not wearing a pair of tights underneath my jeans for the first time in weeks. Oh, what’s that? You want to hear what other genius cold-weather tricks we employ to make it through this shmortex? There’s only one, and it’s called working from home. And it’s the reason the internet was invented.—claire
- Trying not to buy every single card that Emily McDowell makes. Lots of non-gooey valentines to be had, I tell you.
- Digging the concept behind Design*Sponge’s new “Veterans and Startups” series—interviews with an industry leaders and newbies that run side-by-side.
- Loving that somebody put all that Sundance star power to good use: Get a load of these 1860s-style portraits from Esquire.
- Stocking up on Mighty Leaf tea—Green Tea Tropical and Vanilla Bean are my two very favorites.
- Smiling every time I spy this little lemon tree brightening up my too-gray, January windowsill.
- Replacing all the stale pita chips in my pantry with falafel chips. Snack game = officially upped.
- Feeling so many feelings in response to Marisa Meltzer’s wonderfully honest Elle.com essay about the intersection of feminism and weight loss.
- Fending off the flu by tossing a packet of Aloha’s The Daily Good in my morning smoothie.
- Ceasing wondering what gifts to buy for pregnant friends now that Storq is on the scene.
- Ordering boatloads of Verterra palm leaf dinnerware for my wedding—it’s cute, compostable, and cheaper than renting china.