OUR 20x200 DIARIES
Wanna know a little something about how the idea for Of a Kind came about? It all goes back to a company called 20x200. In 2007, before selling art online was a thing, a gallerist named Jen Bekman started a website that sold limited-edition art prints (damn good ones!) for as little as $20. I was, and am, pretty obsessed with it. In fact, it was when I was applying for a job there (for the umpteenth time) and nagging Erica to edit my cover letter that we conceptualized Of a Kind—directly inspired by what they were doing. Earlier this year, 20x200 went dark, and it was a pretty crappy time for art on the internet. Amazingly, and awesomely, they’re relaunching any day now, and you can sign up for their fantastic newsletter to get the word first. —claire
- Listening in on an editorial meeting at The Onion, thanks to an episode of This American Life that I can’t believe I’m just hearing now.
- Voting the split-leaf philodendron my new favorite green thing—see here and here and here.
- Appreciating this list of super-icky cosmetics ingredients, IDed by Beautycounter as “The Never List.” You can print out a biz-card-size cheat sheet and shove it in your wallet, even.
- Questioning how I got suckered into buying curvy, pastel lady razors when the Gillette Mach3 for dudes is undoubtedly the way to go (with coconut oil as shaving cream, by the by!).
- Tipping my hat to the editors of top-notch magazine The Gentlewoman. They knock it out of the park every time.
- Having a moment over Lauren Greenfield’s work—she’s probably best known for directing Queen of Versailles, but turns out she’s also responsible for some pretty powerful pieces of documentary photography—remember this iconic snap?
- Loving that my favorite bra is now equipped with convertible straps so I no longer have to jerry-rig a solution for shoulder-baring tops.
- Deeming sake my drink of choice at the moment—especially loving a cloudy Nigori.
- Filing away this master list of how to get stains out of everything, courtesy of StyleCaster. I am that person who has to wear a bib to drink a glass of wine.
Fancy photo (of 20x200 prints in Claire's apartment!) by the one and only Carly Piersol.