OUR DRESSED IN WHITE DIARIES
Y’ALL. Erica got HITCHED to her man Thomas! She kept it super-classic (just like her style and her beauty, duh) and made it official at City Hall with her family in tow. If you had any doubt as to whether or not she wound up with a perfect gentleman, listen to this little piece of Of a Kind history: Back in November 2010 on the night we launched the site, I stumbled home to my apartment at 4am after a seriously long day to find a giant bouquet waiting for me. Being very much single at the time, I was sure they’d been misdelivered until I opened up the card to find that Thomas had sent them to me as congratulations. (Naturally, he had a bouquet waiting at home for Erica, too.) I MEAN. Is he a mensch, or is he a mensch? —claire
- GETTING MARRIED...and wearing a white leather Kaelen dress, blue Alexandre Birman shoes, an Art Deco Lulu Frost bracelet, a blush Clare Vivier clutch, and a Blanca Monrós Gómez sapphire-and-rose gold wedding ring to do so. (Thomas is lookin’ sharp in a custom Brooklyn Tailors suit!)
- Caring about erasers more than I ever thought I could.
- Memorizing the names of these Into the Gloss-approved barely there, toootal uptown girl nail polishes.
- Going a little crazy for the Lily Pool Terrace at the Brooklyn Botanic Garden—THE COLORS, THE SHAPES—in-bloom right now.
- Wanting to drop everything and plan a Portugal honeymoon with the help of Vanessa Jackman’s so-stunning post on the Alentejo region.
- Spending hours falling down the rabbit hole that is The Public Domain Review, a site which surfaces some majorly entertaining out-of-copyright works for online consumption.
- Upping my makeup game in a serious way with a small, cone-shaped piece of sponge that changes everything: The Beauty Blender.
- Affirming that cuteness on the internet will never get old, via Karen Walker’s latest eyewear campaign and this series of babies of eatings lemons.
- Feeling extra-grateful for the gig I’ve got after discovering this totally insane yet highly entertaining job application.
- Finding myself unexpectedly riveted by the history and science of cereal (really!).